I require a small circuit design for 905nm AD500-9 TO52S1F2 APD/Avalanche Photo Diode with 905nm Bandpass Filter Lens.
Please see attached files for High Level Overview and APD notes.
This circuit is only to detect/receive and thus amplify 905nm pulses of light from the APD and output via the OpAmp suitable for Arduino to recognise on its input pins.
The circuit shall provide the power required for the APD and the OpAmp required.
The source DC voltage is 5v - 12v.
Power from Arduino +5 if possible is highly regarded if the current source is ok!
The OpAmp will need to amplify for Arduino to see the signal/pulse received by the APD as I believe the output of the APD may be too low for Arduino to recognise otherwise.
1) I need a schematic / circuit layout that I can follow to purchase the required parts (resistors, OpAmp IC, caps, transistors etc.) and breadboard test for proof of concept.
2) It would be good if I could have the recommendation design/information required to have a PCB manufactured.
3) A recommendation for good simulation software that I can observe the circuit working etc. (e.g. LTspice)
4) Testing / sample code (if possible) of it working on Arduino (for example, the Arduino serial monitor is showing detection of 905nm light received by the APD). Strongly regarded in my selection criteria!
5) Provide the explanatory notes if possible.
Any questions please let me know.
09/20/2017 - updated project with correct datasheet.
20 freelancers are bidding on average $473 for this job
I am new at freelancer but have successfully done 4 projects (view my profile for details). Also I am a B.E. in Electronics Engineering and confident to complete your project as per your requirement.