This is the second of several projects needed for a new suite of websites promoting liberty minded political education content to our paid members and free users.
In this design stage 2, I need to develop an online membership database management system, customized marketing, referral tracking and data collection.
1. Website template design is complete, but needs to be given a professional make-over, with hovered drop-down menus, nice tabs etc.
2. Develop database for managing member profile, activity, referral and billing info.
Create the member sign up page to specifications, securely collecting all personal and billing info, script to interface with online merchant gateway for immediate billing, logging of billing status in profile, returning a creation of member file upon completion. Secure member login feature
3. Build a “My Invitations” section that will allow me to flexibly add/edit/remove customized invitations to potential new members. Existing member will simply select the invitation they wish to send, enter the person's first name, last name and email address and click submit. Will need 3 working invitations for this stage.
The recipient will get an email invitation (the invitation could be the email itself OR a link to a customized page that hosts the invitation) that is automatically coded with that members information (including their name in the body of the invitation) as well as the recipient's info. If recipient views invitation and proceeds to member sign up screen, the referral info will be defaulted and member will be credited with the referral with a database connection (direct referral).
This database will then track referrals 6-10 levels deep and perform point calculations based on each member's activity (answering just a few monthly questions to determine level of qualification) – similar to a network marketing structure. Each member will be able to view who they have invited, who joined, and the various calculations performed.
4. I will also need good referrals for hosting sites that will handle our database and site etc. Systems will need to work smooth and relatively fast (my current host appears to be too slow)
5. Install credit card processing script to transmit/receive info with the selected payment gateway provider
6. I will need you to install all scripts/programming/databases and work out any bugs until this functionality is proven to be in good working order.
7. This stage requires mostly backend programming, but also some front-end design/modifications.
Must have good speaking and written English skills as some communication will take place via methods such as skype. Due to the ongoing needs we will have, a well-rounded programmer or team is preferred to attempt some consistency in the development and maintainance process and will help you get selected on future stages to be posted.
8. When selecting the best languages to use, I need to consider speed to process large volumes of data and display results as well as easy to learn modifications for less tech savvy users who will be in charge of simple edits. Please tell me what languages you plan to use and sell me on why that is the best way to go. I have no idea what will best suit my needs, .net, asp, mysql, php or whatever else. Help me understand.
Bidding is for stage 2 only. Once complete, I will post for stage 3, which will move on to automated email scripts, newsletter design, adding random quote generator from assigned database, designing and installing linkshare feature similar to facebook with rating, comment and flagging enabled and more.