I need an uncoded HTML template for a page of a product review website I am doing. Although it's just "one" page, it's a fairly complex one. I expect only qualified and talented individuals to sign up. I am more reluctant to reward the job to an outsourcing company, because I believe that design standards are difficult to uphold. I might not get the quality I see in the company portfolio.
NOTE: I will only consider applicants with a portfolio to showcase. I need applicants that can start work right away, and is capable of working efficiently. No learners please. Please send me a link to your portfolio. One of my greatest consideration is the designer's taste or sense of style. I will more often than not pick the one with the closest sense to what I am looking for. A high level of technical skills goes without saying.
Alright, here's the job:
These are the elements on the page:
1. A header file - I will provide the links. Expect to make one for pre-login and one for post log-in.
2. A footer file - Some links. Very easy.
3. The main body
The main body contains the following sections:
The main product information - including a photo, name, description and a rating on the scale of 1-7.
The pros/cons area - a place for users to submit to a list of pros and cons. After adding either a pro/con, the system will allow 100 seconds for edit/delete. The preferred method of communication with the server-side is AJAX. However, I am open to other suggestions. You will have to provide the necessary client-side codes necessary to link up the server-side, and proper communication have to be provided. The user will also be able to thumbs up or thumbs down on a pros and cons. A hidden link that can hide/show a hidden page showing the "individual votes" will also be provided. You'd have to provide the design for the individual votes page as well. See example here: [url removed, login to view]
Price - including the average price, the range of prices for this product, an image graph showing the price changes over time. Also, the user will be able to enter price suggestions, so expect to include a label, text field and a submit button as well. I will suppose that the form be hidden, and a link be included to show/hide the form. However, I am open to other suggestions. The user will the ability to undo the decision within 100 seconds. For an example of the 100 second undo example, see: [url removed, login to view]
Place - a section for users to suggests places to buy this product. For each place, expect to display a photo, name, description, address, country, postal code, URL, how to get there, as well as the name photo of the person suggesting the place. However, not all entries will have all the fields filled in. Expect only the name, description and how to get there as required fields. Should data to a field be unavailable, I will not want to display the field at all. E.g. I do NOT want to show "URL: nil" or "URL: ". I think it's a waste of space. So your design consideration has to put these in place as well. Lastly, I will expect to include a link that can show/hide a form that will allow the user to input a new place suggestion. The user will have 100 seconds to edit/delete the entry after posting. This is preferably done in AJAX and you'll have to communicate to me on how this will be linked to the server side. However, I am open to other suggestions on this can be done. For an example of the 100 seconds edit/delete function, see: [url removed, login to view]
Alternative Suggestions - allows the user to suggest alternative products. There will be no form in this area. For each product listing, expect to show its average price, price difference with this product, and the name and portrait of the person posting it.
Questions and Answers - allows anyone to post questions. Another user can post an answer to any question. Pretty straight-forward, kind of like what we usually have in many blog comment area. Just that this is specific to questions and answers. Answers to a questions are collapsed by default and there is an option to expand it. The user should be able to see the number of answers to a particular question.
General comments area - a generally more fun area of the site. Straight-forward.
1. Uncoded HTML templates and all supporting files for the page, header and footer. There might be additional HTML template deliverables depending on project changes. Furthermore, you might need to save multiple copies of the template with minor changes in each to illustrate state changes, or different ways of displaying data.
2. PSDs of all images used.
3. Clear instructions on how to integrate the template with the server-side.
4. I might request for a plain css-only "no-design" page with all the form elements if the time estimate is too long. I will like my programmers to start working with the plain css-only page first before you provide me with the full design.
1. I will expect JPG exports of the screen mock-ups to be shown before all the complicated slicing and dicing takes place. I will often request changes based on the exports. This will often save you many trouble of redoing things later.
2. I will provide MORE DETAILS on the project. Although lengthy, the details provided on this page is rather vague. But I believe I have provided enough for you to give me a fair estimate. Detailed plans provided later on can help give you a clearer direction on what to do.
3. I expect HONEST and FAIR individuals to sign up only. I pay fairly and I expect the individuals I work with to be the same. I only give repeat business to talented individuals who make an honest living.
I am looking for a sleek, cool, yet simple design with lots of space for expression. Clutter is a no no and I expect spaces to be used efficiently.
Among some design concepts I have in mind includes:
[url removed, login to view] - I know the simple design and the gallery.
Please reply with how long it will take you to show me the first draft of the screen on JPG, and how long this entire project will take you.