I need a script created that will aggregate freelance jobs from the following job boards and display them on my site [url removed, login to view]:
1. [url removed, login to view]
2. [url removed, login to view]
3. [url removed, login to view]
4. [url removed, login to view]
5. [url removed, login to view]
6. [url removed, login to view]
7. [url removed, login to view]
8. [url removed, login to view]
9. [url removed, login to view]
10. [url removed, login to view]
If there are any others freelance job boards you can include or recommend I include, please let me know.
I’m assuming this can be done via RSS, API and XML feeds, but I’ll let you tell me.
You can see how WhyDoWork (dot) com does it via their widget on my website ([url removed, login to view]) and on their website ([url removed, login to view] (dot) com/[url removed, login to view]). The widget can be found at whydowork (dot) com/[url removed, login to view] if you need to look at it for competitive analysis reasons.
For complete project details (such as how the data should be displayed on my site and screen shots), please see the attached word doc.
What I Need To Know From You
1. How much will it cost?
2. How long will it take?
3. Have you done something like this before? If so, where can I see your work?
4. If you can integrate some of the freelance job site data, but not others, please let me know which ones and why.
5. Will a database be needed for this project or is it just a simple script I can embed on my pages?
6. What will you need from me?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you all for your bids and PMs. I'm reading through them all and will get back to you shortly. In the meantime, I wanted to share more info on the project:
I have gathered almost all the job listing RSS feeds of these sites and will provide it to winning bidder. The only sites I don't have yet are Guru.com (which I can't find) and CraigsList (they have one RSS feed for jobs for every area of the US they cover - over 1,000!). I'm not sure how to narrow the CraigsList one down yet like my competitor does.
While going through my competitors code, I also saw that they're pulling the data from pipes.yahoo.com. Upon further research, I discovered that you can add your feeds to this Yahoo site and then display it on your website.
Here's an example: My 99 Designs Jobs Feed can be seen at http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=GJLnwmJ83hGUmDBvpJDuew and embedded in my site at http://www.workathomejobs.org. Look below the WhyDoWork widget.
I bring this up because it would appear that no database is necessary if we proceeded in this direction.
However, we would still need to somehow render the pipes.yahoo.com feed to display the content as my competitor does and how I have detailed in the project document.
Looking forward to yoru feedback.
17 freelanceů na tento projekt zveřejnilo nabídku v průměrné hodnotě $759
Hi, I am a professional programmer with expertise in scraping and general massaging of data. I have completed similar projects in the past. Best Regards, Joe